There are many brands of cowboy boots in the world, such as Ariat, Laredo, Danpost, Lucchese, TonyLama… You may all be familiar with these cowboy boot brand names.
However, today we won’t talk about cowboy boots but an essential accessory to go with them – jeans.
What kind of jeans are good to go with cowboy boots? What are the criteria for choosing jeans?
Today, join us to find out the best jeans to wear with cowboy boots mens!
- 1 What jeans look good with cowboy boots?
- 2 The 10 Best Jeans to Wear with Cowboy Boots Mens
- 2.1 1/ Wrangler Men’s 0936 Cowboy Cut Slim Fit Jean
- 2.2 2/ Wrangler Men’s 13MWZ Cowboy Cut Original Fit Jean
- 2.3 3/ Wrangler Authentics Men’s Premium Relaxed Fit Boot Cut Jean
- 2.4 4/ Wrangler Authentics Men’s Regular Fit Comfort Flex Waist Jean
- 2.5 5/ Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Fr Flame Resistant Relaxed Fit Jean
- 2.6 6/ Ariat Men’s M5 Slim Fitted Straight Leg Jean
- 2.7 7/ Ariat Men’s M2 Relaxed Fit Bootcut Jean
- 2.8 8/ Rock & Roll Denim Men’s Relaxed Fit Western Jeans
- 2.9 9/ ARIAT Men’s M5 Rebar
- 2.10 10/ Lucky Brand Men’s 361 Vintage
- 3 Some tips for mixing clothes with cowboy boots
- 4 Is it OK to wear skinny jeans with cowboy boots?
- 5 Can you wear straight leg jeans with cowboy boots?
- 6 Do cowboy boots look good on guys?
- 7 Can guys wear shorts with cowboy boots?
- 8 Do you tuck jeans into cowboy boots?
- 9 Before you leave
What jeans look good with cowboy boots?
When wearing cowboy boots with jeans, men don’t tuck jeans into cowboy boots, they do the opposite.
For matching with men’s cowboy boots, the end of jeans must be wide enough to fit the boot shaft.
Bootcut jeans are an extremely suitable partner to pair with cowboy boots. It is no exaggeration to say that they are God’s gift to cowboy boots.
Bootcut jeans can make a nice cowboy look because they fit neatly from the knees upwards, and they get wider from knees to the end – enough to tuck the shaft into cowboy boots.
This is the standard to choose suitable jeans to wear with cowboy boots!
Read more: How to wear cowboy boots for guys
The 10 Best Jeans to Wear with Cowboy Boots Mens
You already know what makes jeans perfect for cowboys, so let’s take a look at these 10 jeans now!
1/ Wrangler Men’s 0936 Cowboy Cut Slim Fit Jean
- SLIM FIT. Designed with a functional fit in mind, these jeans are made to stack over your favorite pair of boots. Constructed with a slim fit through the seat and thigh, this jean is made for both function and comfort for long days in the saddle.
- CLASSIC COWBOY JEAN. Made for authentic cowboys and worn by world champions, this cowboy cut jean is a tried and true classic. As the Official ProRodeo Competition jean, this western denim essential will stay with you for years to come and maintain that timeless cowboy style.
- DURABLE MATERIALS. It's no question that this classic can withstand wear and tear. Made with durable heavyweight cotton and felled seams to prevent chafing, this original fit jean was made to last -- no matter the task.
- COMFORTABLE WEAR. Whether you're out on the ranch or working in the garage, you need a durable jean that keeps you comfortable throughout the day. Made from 100% cotton, this jean provides comfort and breathability for your day ahead.
- FIVE POCKET STYLING. This cowboy cut jean is constructed with an authentic five pocket styling: (1) watch pocket, (2) front scoop pockets, (3) back patch pockets. Finished with copper rivets for added long-lasting durability.
Don’t be surprised if we show you lots of Wrangler jeans, because they are the leading brand of jeans.
If Ariat is a big cowboy boot brand, Wrangler is equally big, but it is about cowboy jeans.
Wrangler’s pants have various designs, mainly bootcut jeans – which will give you a great experience when wearing them with cowboy boots.
2/ Wrangler Men’s 13MWZ Cowboy Cut Original Fit Jean
- ORIGINAL FIT. Designed with a functional fit in mind, these jeans are made to stack over your favorite pair of boots. Constructed with a comfortable fit in the waist, seat, and thigh, this jean is made for both function and comfort for long days in the saddle
- CLASSIC COWBOY JEAN. Made for authentic cowboys and worn by world champions, this original cowboy cut jean is a tried and true classic. As the Official ProRodeo Competition jean, this western denim essential will stay with you for years to come and maintain that timeless cowboy style
- DURABLE MATERIALS. It's no question that this classic can withstand wear and tear. Made with durable heavyweight cotton and felled seams to prevent chafing, this original fit jean was made to last -- no matter the task
- COMFORTABLE WEAR. Whether you're out on the ranch or working in the garage, you need a durable jean that keeps you comfortable throughout the day. Made from 100% cotton, this jean provides comfort and breathability for your day ahead
- FIVE POCKET STYLING. This cowboy cut jean is constructed with an authentic five pocket styling: (1) watch pocket, (2) front scoop pockets, (3) back patch pockets. Finished with copper rivets for added long-lasting durability
Dark blue jeans look good for brown cowboy boots, that’s why Wrangler Men’s 13MWZ was born. We love its Rigid Indigo color!
This is one of the best-selling Wrangler products – the number one brand of jeans for cowboys
A Wrangler Men’s 13MWZ pants is a must-have item in the cowboy wardrobe!
3/ Wrangler Authentics Men’s Premium Relaxed Fit Boot Cut Jean
- TRADITIONAL STYLE. This classic jean is sure to be comfortable and functional for your everyday wear. From the office to a backyard barbeque, this jean is built for versatility and comfort with a timeless silhouette.
- FIVE POCKET JEAN. Keeping it classic with this traditional 5-pocket boot cut jean. Made with (2) slant pockets, (2) back patch pockets, and (1) right coin pocket.
- RELAXED FIT. Constructed with your comfort in mind, this denim pant is made with 100% cotton or premium flex denim. With a relaxed seat and thigh, this jean sits at the natural waistline.
- FITS OVER BOOTS. Built with a relaxed fit boot cut leg, these classic jeans have a comfortable silhouette that fit over your boots.
- DURABLE COMFORT. These jeans are made for durability and comfort - made with a soft cotton fabric, these jeans will keep you looking good and comfortable all day.
If you no longer like wearing tight jeans, we get you the Wrangler Authentics Men’s Premium Relaxed Fit Boot Cut Jean.
With a large, comfortable, and flexible design, the end of the pants is large enough to fit the cowboy boots. These jeans will give you a classic and fitting look.
4/ Wrangler Authentics Men’s Regular Fit Comfort Flex Waist Jean
- COMFORT FLEX WAISTBAND: Constructed with comfort in mind - our innovative flex waistband with stretch denim bands ensure a comfortable fit that moves and bends with you
- REGULAR FIT: Built with a regular fit seat and thigh, these five-pocket regular fit jeans sit at the natural waist for a comfortable fit
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Made with durable and comfortable flex denim for added ease of movement, these versatile jeans are made to last through everyday wear
- EVERYDAY FIVE-POCKET STYLE: This everyday jean with a comfort waist takes you from the office and out to date night, keeping you feeling and looking great
- HEAVY-DUTY HARDWARE: Finished with a zipper fly, button closure and our trademark embroidered back pockets
You need a pair of jeans that are comfortable enough for both day work and night out. Then Wrangler Authentics Men’s is a gift to you.
With 98% Cotton design, these jeans give you the feeling of being in the cloud nine from early morning to late evening. Believe me, you can’t be wrong with these pants.
5/ Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Fr Flame Resistant Relaxed Fit Jean
- RELAXED FIT. For long days on the job, you want a work jean that keeps you comfortable. Made with a relaxed fit that fits over your work boots, this pant features a classic, comfortable fit.
- FLAME RESISTANT. Designed to meet rigorous FR requirements, this flame resistant work jean is designed to self-extinguish to help prevent or reduce the severity of burn injuries. Arc-resistant button waistband closure for added protection.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. Constructed with durable 14.75 oz. cotton denim, this jean is built to last and keep you protected. Finished with triple needle stitching and a high-quality brass zipper and button closure.
- FR SPECIFICATIONS. NFPA 2112; HRC 2; ATPV 23.8 calories/cm2. Compliant with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269, NFPA-70E, ASTM F1506-02ael. Nomex (FR) zipper tape and thread used in all garment seams with flame resistant pocketing.
- 5-POCKET STYLING. These fire resistant work jeans are made with quick-access storage: (2) reinforced back pockets, (2) front pockets, (1) oversized watch pocket.
What do you think of the flame-resistant jeans?
Many cowboys today wear jeans and cowboy boots to work at dangerous construction sites, and they choose Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Jean.
These pants can be relaxed for maximum comfort. Notably, they meet the strict requirements of FR: Fire resistance to minimize burn injuries.
6/ Ariat Men’s M5 Slim Fitted Straight Leg Jean
- Straight-leg jean in ring-spun denim with no-rub comfort inseam and extra deep front pockets
- Five-pocket styling
- Safety standards: NFPA 70E, ATPV 95
- Extended inseam construction improves range of motion
If You are a cowboy boot collector, surely you must have a pair of Ariat boots in your house. And if you’ve trusted Ariat cowboy boots, why not trust their jeans?
Ariat has never disappointed real cowboys, with a 100% cotton design and five-pocket styling to create comfort and perfect look. What do you expect more than that?
7/ Ariat Men’s M2 Relaxed Fit Bootcut Jean
- Relaxed-fit bootcut jean in ring-spun cotton denim featuring heavy-duty zippers and hardware
- Comfort inseams
- Loop Lock and anchored belt loop
- I-pocket and extra-deep front pockets
A pair of Ariat cowboy boots comes with Ariat jeans, what’s more amazing?
With a simple but sleek design, the Ariat Men’s M2 jeans have a slim design of hips and thighs and widen down to the end. It is easy for you to tuck cowboy boots into jeans with such a neat and beautiful design.
8/ Rock & Roll Denim Men’s Relaxed Fit Western Jeans
- MODERN STYLING - Durable enough for work yet highlights the latest trends in western fashion; the Regular Fit Pistol Rock & Roll DENIM jeans are ready for ranching, riding, and rodeos or just a night out on the town.
- VINTAGE WASH - An antiqued dark wash with natural fade and whiskering is contrasted by a light grey topstitch, silver trims, and a simple “V” embroidery on the back pockets for subtle western statement.
- RELAXED FIT – An extra roomy seat provides optimal comfort and ease of movement. Generously cut hips and thighs fit loosely while the added width avoids uncomfortable stretching at the groin.
- STRAIGHT LEG CUT- Ideal for all-season wear, just like the original cowboy jeans, the Double Barrel jeans fit straight from the thigh to ankle with a 19” leg opening that easily fits over most low-profile boots.
- RING SPUN DENIM - A 100% ring-spun denim 5-pocket construction gives an uneven texture that provides enough give for any movement and activity. These durable jeans will feel right at home on the ranch or on the town.
Let’s “rock and roll” with these amazing pants! Do you love denim? And you enjoy the relaxed fit? Then this Rock & Roll Denim Men’s jeans is just right for you.
True to its name, the tough appearance creates the charismatic masculinity that a cowboy possesses.
Classic look, classic cowboy style! It is world class!
9/ ARIAT Men’s M5 Rebar
- Two times more durable
- Extra comfort and mobility
- Knife pocket
- Loop lock
- Anchored belt loops
Most of the introduced jeans above have a slight crease and old appearance with distressed style.
What if you need courtesy jeans? Here, we get you the ARIAT Men’s M5 Rebar.
ARIAT Men’s M5 Rebar has a new, smooth appearance. You can wear it with exquisite cowboy boots to get to work.
10/ Lucky Brand Men’s 361 Vintage
- Inseam: available in 30", 32" and 34"
- FIT: Mid-rise, classic fit with a straight leg
- Front rise: 10 1/2 inches, Leg opening: 18.5 inches (Size 32)
- Classic 5-pocket styling
- Zip fly with button closure
Ok, maybe you are tired of the Wrangler and Ariat jeans. Lucky Brand Men’s 361 Vintage will be a new breeze to your closet. It also gives you a modern look.
With straight leg opening and relaxed fit denim design, these jeans will give you excellent comfort, masculine appearance and wildness.
Some tips for mixing clothes with cowboy boots
Don’t think that only jeans will bring you a good look when wearing cowboy boots, a standard outfit also enhances your beauty.
In the summer, you can pair cowboy boots with a short-sleeved T-shirt, or a shirt – simple but pretty!
For your ensemble, choose a bright color but avoid flashy textures. Add a classic jean jacket, now you get a true cowboy look.
When winter comes and it is cold (or slightly cold) outside, please put on a leather jacket. Leather coats don’t need to be too new, a slightly old leather coat is enough for a free and liberal appearance.
Or you can combine cowboy boots with shirts, jeans and a long coat cover outside, now you are ready to go to elegant and courteous places.
Read more: How to wear cowboy boots in the winter
Is it OK to wear skinny jeans with cowboy boots?
It’s not ok if you are a man. But if you are a woman, it’s totally fine.
Men don’t wear skinny jeans with cowboy boots – a real cowboy doesn’t.
Men’s jeans to wear with cowboy boots can be a little tight from the knee up, and they flare from the knees down. Remember to let jeans cover your cowboy boots.
The hidden cowboy boots under jeans create a very fascinating beauty for cowboys.
But if you are a cowgirl, skinny jeans and cowboy boots are classic.
For a feminine and dynamic look, let’s tuck jeans into cowboy boots. That’s it!
Read more: How to Wear Ankle Cowboy Boots?
Can you wear straight leg jeans with cowboy boots?
Why not? Straight leg jeans offer you a youthful, neat and elegant appearance.
Not only cowboy boots, straight leg jeans can work very well with most different boots.
What you need are a simple T-shirt, straight leg jeans and cowboy boots. This outfit is simple enough for summer days.
By the way, I often wear that combo to take my dog for a walk through the park.
Do cowboy boots look good on guys?
Cowboy boots give you a confident, impressive and arrogant look – what a man is looking for.
As you know, cowboy boots have a higher heel design than many other boots. This feature makes a great standing posture for the wearer. Along with the slightly raised pointed toe, cowboy boots make you a strong and masculine cowboy.
There is no doubt about the position of cowboy boots in fashion slaver hearts. With more than three centuries of existence, they are great fashion items of all time.
Can guys wear shorts with cowboy boots?
Short and skinny jeans are not for men’s cowboy boots. That’s the rule when men wear cowboy boots.
Short jeans and skinny jeans won’t give men anything when matching with cowboy boots. Men would get neither a masculine look nor a distressed style with them.
So if you’re a man, don’t wear shorts or skinny jeans with cowboy boots.
But if you’re a woman. Just feel free to mix and match shorts or skinny jeans with cowboy boots for a sexy, liberal and active look.
Do you tuck jeans into cowboy boots?
Usually, men shouldn’t tuck jeans into cowboy boots. It is not beautiful and a bit pretentious.
If you are a female, feel free to tuck jeans into cowboy boots. It’s no problem at all.
However, you don’t always have to tuck jeans into cowboy boots, if your job needs you to tuck jeans into cowboy boots, just do it.
Before you leave
Before you leave, make sure you’ve read all of this article to understand the principle of wearing jeans with cowboy boots.
Jeans will give you confidence, masculinity and a strong look when you wear them with cowboy boots.
However, not just your appearance, you should have the right attitude when putting on your cowboy boots. Be confident and high-headed for an authentic cowboy style. Cowboy style depends more on you than on what you wear.