Autumn and winter fashion styles are always the crown of the boots. People adorn themselves with boots for many occasions such as going to work, picnics, outdoor activities or meeting friends.
However, in the humid and cold autumn-winter season, wearing boots all day long may gradually get them damaged and your boots will no longer look aesthetic.
As you may know, each type of boots has different preservation methods to remain their durability and state-of-new.
Now, keep on reading and we will show you how to take care of your beloved boots.
- 1 How to care for cowboy boots?
How to care for cowboy boots?
There are many methods to take care of cowboy boots. We will divide it into two main types of cowboy boots: leather cowboy boots and suede cowboy boots.
The way to take care of suede cowboy boots is entirely different than take care of leather cowboy boots.
Compared to leather cowboy boots, it takes more time to take care of suede cowboy boots.
How to care for leather cowboy boots
The leather is the most popular material for making boots, thus it needs meticulous caring methods to remain fresh and beautiful.
Methods of preservation
Store boots in the box. By this way, your boots can avoid the negative effects from bad weather, temperature or humidity. Thus, your boots will be kept in good condition.
Polish it with olive oil. This will help your boots always be shiny and look like new. (However, do not abuse olive oil as much as it may discolor your leather boots.)
There are many specialized products to polish cowboy boots, protect them from dirt and keep them soft, see more here.
Use a special brush, leather cleaner and conditioner. Remember not to overdo the regular cleaning because this might affect the color and quality of the leather boots.
- Set of 7 shoe brushes: including 2 big horsehair shoe brushes, 2 horsehair shoe brushes with long handle, 2 suede shoes brushes, 1 brass suede brush.
- Multi-functional: suitable for shoes, boots, leather, sofas, beds, sheets, gloves, jackets, clothes, bags, etc.
- High-quality materials: 100% soft real horsehair, imported beech wood. The suede shoe brush gently and thoroughly removes stains, maintaining the original texture without damaging your leather.
- The set of 7 shoe brushes is suitable for caring and cleaning of shoes of all materials.
- Note: Due to the different leather materials, some leathers may fade, so please test on a small area before use.
Read more: The 5 Best Cowboy Boot Conditioners
How to clean leather cowboy boots
If your boots have shoelaces, remove them from the boots to make the cleaning easier.
Use a soft cloth to gently rub the boots to dust off. For brown or beige boots, do the cleaning carefully because the dust might be invisible on these colors.
Use a damp cloth and a special soap to clean the boots.
Note: require to use a damp cloth (not wet) and the right type of soap to clean. The boots could be damaged if you don’t use the right soap.
- Use this soap to clean not only saddles, but boots, baseball gloves, or any other leather!
- Prevents brittleness and maintains suppleness and strength of leather items.
- Great quality saddle soap from Fiebing's!
- Manufactured in the US!
- Color: White. 12 oz can.
Use a leather cleaner to clean the boots (usually cream or liquid). This helps clean off the dirt that remains on your boots.
Use a dry cloth to wipe your boots again. Don’t rinse with water because the special solution has soaked into the skin of the boots.
Also, for the boots that are scratched or flaking, you can use olive oil to rub them in a circular pattern, which will greatly improve the look of your boots.
- It’s not just for car seats & interiors: This kit works on all things leather, seats, interiors, jackets, shoes, sneakers, boots, sofas and more; Everyone has something leather in their home.
- Treat your leather like your hair & skin: We all wash our skin and hair on a regular basis, and use conditioners and lotions to keep out skin hydrated and fresh.
- PH Balanced: Leather cleaner is pH balanced for the most efficient cleaning and preserves the leather's strength, durability and appearance; Penetrates the pores of leather to lift and suspend dirt and oils
- Fast, Easy & Fun: No one "loves to clean", but if you are using products that make it fast and easy, it's certainly more fun both products are extremely easy to use, and leave no residue like soaps, nor will they contribute to fiber deterioration
- Keep your leather looking & smelling new: Leather cleaner is colorless and odorless and penetrates the pores of your leather to lift and remove dirt and oils, while leather conditioner, which has a subtle leather scent, contains Vitamin E to nourish your leather and help reduce UV damage
See more: How To Wear Cowboy Boots For Guys
It’s also a leather boots, but suede boots are more complicated to clean. The reason is that these boots are more likely to stick to dust, scratches are more easily recognized, and if not used carefully, they will get old faster.
As a result, the boots need more cleaning stages and cleaning equipment.
You may not know: suede boots are made from the underside of animal skin so they are softer and more flexible. However, it is not as durable as the outer skin.
Methods of preservation
Suede boots should be stored in a ventilated zone, unlike normal leather boots that can be stored in plastic containers, suede boots need to be “Breathe”, so store them in a cotton cloth bag.
Canvas bags will have more air than plastic bags, which will not affect the quality of suede boots.
Special brushes need to be used to clean suede boots, they help prevent the suede boots from being scratched and keep it soft.
- Cleans boots, shoes, coats, jackets, furniture, dance shoes, and sneakers. Perfect with sprays, foams, eraser, and cleaning kits.
- Welt Surface used for stronger cleaning on heavier scuff marks and stains
- Nylon bristles used for a lighter gentler cleaning on light scuff marks for thin fine suede/nubuck
- Arched half circle brush allows for easier cleaning on rounded corners
- Thin protruding brush is meant for cleaning on harder to reach crevices and grooves
Don’t let your boots get wet because this will ruin your boots. Then remember to use a waterproof spray to preserve suede boots. Before going out, let’s spray a thin layer over the boots.
- Helps repel precipitation and oil on suede and nubuck leather items
- Safe to use on all types/colors of suede and nubuck leather. Not intended for use on smooth, finished leathers
- Ideal for use on footwear, coats, gloves, hats, accessories and more
- Simple, one-step application dries odorless and resists salt stains
- Reapply Scotch Gard Suede & Nubuck Protector when your item is no longer repelling water or every six months
Note: The best thing to do is not to wear suede boots on rainy days 😉
Suede boots should be kept away from high temperatures when the boots are wet, as this will deform the boots.
- MATERIAL&SIZE: High quality plastic boot holders , tall boot tree for women pproximate size: 50 *3* 1.5 cm（19.7*1.2*0.6 in）
- FIT FOR: Any sizes and any styles of boots. The folding boot stands are adjustable for ankle-high, calf-high, and knee-high boots.
- EASY TO USE : Simple and practical design. It's very easy and convenient to use the boot holder for closet and tall boots storage.
- FUNCTION: Hold your boots upright and keep them in good shape, reduce cracking and sagging. Using the boot holders to keep them straight..
- PACKAGE CONTENT: 5pcs * Folding Boots Stand Holder
How to clean suede cowboy boots
Suede boots easily get damp or absorbent in rain:
This can destroy your boots quickly, as this is the biggest weakness of suede boots
To solve this problem :
For rain-soaked boots
Wipe with a damp cloth and then wipe again with a dry cloth
Use boot conditioner, then put the absorbent paper into the suede boots (note only stuffed inside the boots, if you use absorbent paper to wipe boots, words or pictures on paper might print on your boots)
If you follow these instructions, there are two benefits: the paper will soak up the remaining water and your boots won’t deform (always stay in shape)
For damp boots
Use lime powder to get into your suede boots before bedtime
Go to sleep
The next morning your boots will be dry and comfortable
For stiff suede boots
These boots might create heel pain if being worn for a long time. Also, it will bring an uncomfortable feeling if you wear it at work all day.
To solve this problem :
Mix a small amount of fresh milk and lemon juice, blot into cloth to moisten it, then rub on suede boots
Use potatoes, peel and rub on your suede boots
After 2 ways above, using boot conditioner again can overcome the situation of stiff suede boots
- Protect footwear from water and stains and keep them looking new with this all-in-one suede and fabric boot care kit
- Use the concentrated suede cleaner to safely remove dirt and grime from suede, nubuck, canvas and GORE-TEX boots
- Maximizes breathability of waterproof-breathable shoes to keep your feet feeling cool and dry
- Boot care kit includes: water repellent spray, suede cleaner, boot brush and eraser
- Packaging may vary
How to care for over knee cowboy boots
Also made of leather and suede, but these boots have a special upper body than other boots. Then you not only have to know how to clean the boots but also need to know to keep these boots always nice and new.
Methods of preservation
These boots need to be “moisturized” with a special preservative solution, as these boots can cause discomfort due to the hard leather material of tight boots around your feet.
You can put water bottles, newspaper, … in the boots to keep the boots in shape, always let it stand upright and don’t put it in the closet to avoid creating ugly wrinkles.
- The original Spring-loaded design to provide just the right tension for all types and styles of boots
- Keeps your boots in good shape, preventing cracks and creases and prolongs the life of your boot; helps air out boots
- Easy to use, no assembly required; durable construction; includes hooks so that boots can hang
- Helps keep closets organized; each shaper is 6"L x 12. 5"H x 2. 25"W
- Made in USA; includes 1 year manufacturer's defect
How to clean over knee cowboy boots
Refer to the above methods for cleaning leather boots and suede boots.
The same method of cleaning boots but … takes more time.
See more: What Size Cowboy Boots Do I Need ?
How to care for ugg boots
On cold winter days, there is nothing better than a pair of ugg boots, but do you know how to take care of the lining of these boots?
It’s also a big deal!!
Methods of preservation
Similar to suede boots, you need to store this boot in a cool place – the most important thing is to keep the boots dry.
Use special brushes for ugg boots to keep the inner lining of the boots always soft and warm, avoiding peeling.
How to clean ugg boots
Use baking powder to deodorize before cleaning boots, then sprinkle baking powder inside the boots and leave overnight
- DOUBLE ACTING BAKING POWDER - A great leavening agent used in all types of delicious baked good recipes
- RESULTS YOU CAN COUNT ON - Get consistent results with our double acting formula
- EASY TO USE - Pop top can with leveling edge
- PLANT BASED - Our baking powder is vegan
- Gluten free
Use a damp cloth and soap solution to clean the inside of the boots, wipe thoroughly in the dirty areas as much as the tip of the boots.
If the stain is still stubborn, use a dedicated cleaning brush and add soap solution to remove it.
Use a damp cloth to wipe the soap off the boots, then dry the boots in cool, dry places.
If you want your ugg boots to be soft and dry, you can use a hairdryer to dry them.
- Cleans and restores without the use of liquid
- Cleans all suede and nubuck of dirt, hair, lint, stains and Water spots
Read more about famous cowboy boots brands here!