Tactical boots are made to highly protect the feet under extreme weather conditions. Read out the article to get the answer to the question “are tactical boots good for snow/winter?”.
Since you first heard someone recommend buying tactical boots to wear during the winter time, there seems to be some confusion over the question “are tactical boots good for snow?”.
In addition to bringing up a cheerful Christmas time, the coming of winter also leads to many new troubles and difficulties with low temperatures, snow, rain and safety risks while traveling to work or doing outdoor exercises.
For many good reasons, the all-purpose tactical boots will be the most essential gear to keep your feet warm and safe during the winter/snow time.
- Are Tactical Boots Good For Snow?
- What kinds of tactical boots are good for Snow/ Winter?
- 3 Best Handpicked Tactical Boots good for snow/winter
- The Bottom Line
Are Tactical Boots Good For Snow?
Tactical boots are designed in a sturdier and more durable form than any other standard boots that help to resist extreme weather conditions. There are some important characteristics of the boots that are good for snow/winter.
Using cutting-edge materials
This type of boots often features the water-resistant full-grain leather / suede outer surface with a nylon upper section that is highly functional to keep your feet warm while reducing unnecessary weight and improving stability.
As a result, you will find it easier to squeeze through the heavy-snow areas while still ensuring maximum comfortability and flexibility.
Antimicrobial sock liner
The low temperature will cause several winter foot problems such as cracked heels due to skin dryness, blisters and foot pains. Thus, the purpose of getting a good pair of winter shoes is to keep your feet healthy while walking in the cold.
There are many innovative designs of tactical boots provided with a molded, antimicrobial sock liner that assists in keeping your feet comfortable and smelling good when you may travel a lot on winter days.
The high-quality and innovative rubber sole contributes to a good level of stability and durability of the boots when walking through several types of winter rough terrains.
As a result, the boots are designed to be dragged through snowfalls, blizzards and snowy mountains multiple times a year without much damage.
In addition to keeping your feet warm and comfortable, tactical boots also feature slip-resistance providing wearers a good balance while walking down icy surfaces. It helps to prevent you from falling down on the ground.
Some even include a steel or hard plastic toe cap that protects your feet thoroughly if heavy/sharp objects may fall on top of the boots.
What kinds of tactical boots are good for Snow/ Winter?
One of the most important elements of tactical boots that are good for snow/winter is the level of waterproofing and snow-proofing when you may walk in the snow every day.
Most tactical boots are often made of full-grain leather that is naturally water-resistant while giving a proper lightweight feeling.
A solid toe cap will reduce the chances to get injured from hitting hidden rocks underneath the snow. The tactical winter boots and standard issue boots are both great choices for snow/winter.
Standard issue boots come with waterproof features, softer soles and the mid-level of insulation that are suitable to handle almost any weather conditions. In general, this type of boots is reasonably good for winter.
- YKK side zipper for quick on/off
- Slip resistant rubber outsole
- Durable leather and performance nylon upper
Winter tactical boots provide lots of insulation that are highly capable to reduce heat loss from the feet in cold environments. It saves you from frostbite symptoms in sub-zero temperatures.
- MULTIPURPOSE: your indispensable part of equipment in shooting range, patroling, hiking, camping,...
- SEASON: designed for winter cold weather season. Innovative insulation layer and water-repellent...
- THINSULATE: the insulation made of 65% polyolefin and 35% polyester. Fiber works according to a...
If you already have a pair of tactical boots at home and you want to use them for this winter, but they are not waterproof. Don’t worry we can fix the problem in two ways:
- Use the conditioner: there are many conditioners on the market that can give your leather tactical boots a waterproof layer. In addition, they maintain and keep the tactical boots newer and more durable.
- Leather conditioner cream with real beeswax and plant oils designed to melt when spread on by hand
- Condition, restore dried and sun faded leather saddle bags, chaps, and holsters
- Heavy Duty Leather Preservative is Made in the USA
- Use waterproofing spray: If your tactical boots are made of suede or fabric, use waterproofing spray. As it is much difficult to find a conditioner for suede or nylon fabric compared to leather.
- Adds water Repellency to synthetic or leather footwear while preserving texture
- Clean first with Nikwax footwear cleaning gel for best results
- Manual or spray-on application
Some waterproof tactical boots can lose their waterproof ability after long periods of use. The methods above are the great solutions to restore them.
3 Best Handpicked Tactical Boots good for snow/winter
Looking for the best handpicked tactical boots for winter/snow?
Comfortability, waterproofing and the level of insulation are the most important elements that make the tactical boots good for snow.
Below we will break down these 3 top-rated boots that are perfectly all-purpose for you.
1. Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac Waterproof Military and Tactical Boot
Under Armour is not well-known for making tactical boots, but this Men’s Stellar Tactical Boot may have all the things that you’ve been looking for at a very good price.
These tactical boots appear with a quite minimal and favorable all-black look. This smart design is made of good-graded leather combined with the advanced 900D nylon textile fabric making it lightweight, soft and flexible while wearing.
The high-traction rubber sole provides a good level of stability on a variety of surfaces. They have a water-resistant coat and provide mid-level insulation.
The boots are absolutely odor-resistant for stinky feet but we suggest you should change your socks daily.
These standard issue tactical boots are perfect for this winter!
- Amazing waterproofing features
- Good value for the money
- Comfortability, performance and style come together in this boot
- Lack of breathability
2. Bates Men’s Gx-8 Gore-Tex Insulated Waterproof Boot
These Bates Tactical Boots come with a very fashionable and gaudy look. This is one of the most expensive tactical boots in the market now for some good reasons. Firstly, the Bates brand has been well-known for making advanced tactical boots many years ago.
This design provides a variety of durable, highly insulated and waterproof features that are perfect for snow/winter. The boot features a firm, breathable GORE-TEX® lining making your feet stay comfy and protected.
It is also moisture-wicking to keep the feet warm, breathable and sweat-free all day long. Lastly, one of the best things you may notice about this boot is the lightweight cushioned EVA midsole technology to ensure flexibility and performance in all conditions.
- The high level of insulation while giving a good level of breathability
- Providing removable insert to ensure the underfoot comfort
- Made of 100% waterproof leather and nylon upper with the interior side zip
- Anti-slip rubber outsole
- 100% guaranteed durability
- The end of the side zip may stab your leg making it uncomfortable somehow
3. Danner Men’s Lookout 8″800G Military and Tactical Boot
If you are looking for true winter tactical boots, this Danner Men Tactical Boot is perfect for you due to its comfortability and protection. This high collar boot is made of 100% full-grain leather that is guaranteed durable to use on a daily basis years after.
The thick and solid rubber outsole provides good stability and slip resistance while walking down the snowy surface. The advanced textile collar delivers to wearers a responsive fit, good elasticity and stability that lasts.
The Danner’s footwears are always handcrafted. They pay a lot of attention to every small detail of the shoes. No wonder why Danner’s boots always come with high prices and good values.
- The removable insole provided to ensure the proper adjustment
- Perfect for deep snow-falls to keep the feet warm and dry
- Providing 800 grams of Thinsulate to keep warm well in sub-zero temperatures
- Good ankle support to ensure comfortability when standing up for a long time
- Mid-level of waterproofing
The Bottom Line
Never put fashion over functions when it comes to boots that are good for snow/winter. However, these highly recommended tactical boots above can give you both.
They are highly snow-proof, slip-resistant and perfect to keep your feet warm and cozy in sub-zero temperatures. Moreover, all-purpose tactical boots are well-made that will last long years after. For that reason, it definitely saves your money. We hope this article is helpful to you.